Site administration - a set of measures for launching, maintaining and promoting an Internet project, as well as analyzing the results of its work.
Site maintenance is divided into two components:
• information support;
• technical support.
Information support of the site is work on updating and filling the project with unique, high - quality content, conducting competent internal optimization of web pages, and its search promotion.
• preparing, processing and adding new materials (texts, photos, images, news, videos);
• making additions and changes to previously published content;
• delete or archive outdated or outdated information documents;
• making changes to the structure and navigation of the website (creating new menu items, sections, pages);
• performing search engine optimization of the site;
• organization of linking (placing hyperlinks to internal pages);
• implementation of measures aimed at increasing traffic (trustworthiness) and viewing depth;
• writing and posting informational articles on the project topic on third-party resources;
• conducting a "case" for the supported Internet project (collection, creation, processing, archiving of content);
• preparation of the questionnaire the web-site;
• check online to trust the forums;
• acquisition of high-quality natural external article links;
• conducting activities to attract the target audience to the website;
• organization and implementation of contextual, banner or teaser advertising campaigns (selection of keywords and search queries, creation of banners and teasers, preparation and placement of ads in advertising networks, collection and analysis of advertising results, evaluation of campaign effectiveness);
• development and implementation of urgent and planned measures to promote the project;
• daily collection and analysis of traffic statistics;
• preparation of reports on the operation of the website;
• monitoring positions in the SERPs Yandex/Google.
Technical support of a site is an activity aimed directly at maintaining its operability and smooth functioning, in order to ensure constant access to it for any Internet user.
• setting up and paying for hosting, monitoring the operation of the hosting server;
• monitoring the state of the domain (DNS server, timely payment for renewal);
• resource support in working order;
• protection of the website from virus attacks (if necessary-virus treatment);
• correction and elimination of errors that occur in its operation;
• weekly backup of all files (Back Up);
• tracking the correct operation of the mailbox;
• in case of technical failures, take emergency measures to restore the project's functionality.
A site administrator (or admin) is an information technology specialist who is responsible for maintaining a resource, ensuring its network security, and hosting and updating content.
• setting up an account on the hosting server;
• adding or changing DNS records for a domain name;
• installing and configuring a content management system (CMS);
• configuring the CMS database;
• installing additional plugins/modules;
• making changes to the website structure;
• monitoring server activity (for errors);
• periodic backup of all files of the content management system and its database;
• optimize the html code of web pages;
• "informing" search engines about the appearance of new pages on the resource to speed up their indexing;
• "closing" outgoing (back) links, as well as duplicate texts from indexing;
• web site mapping (sitemap.xml);
• configuring page caching for faster loading;
• setting up page redirects.