Search engine optimization (SEO) is a set of measures aimed at promoting a website and raising its position in the search results for user queries.
When promoting web projects, they use such types of SEO optimization as: white, gray, black.
"White" search engine optimization - is the use of site promotion methods that are officially allowed by all search engines.
These are: working with the content of the website, its structure and navigation, carrying out activities for publishing information and advertising reviews, articles, press releases on the pages of third-party resources, as well as posting notes on social networks.
"Gray" optimization - the use of officially prohibited methods of promoting the site, but can temporarily lead to an unnatural overestimation of its rating positions.
For example, placing an excessive number of important keywords in the texts of web pages (more than 8%). This is called over-optimization, and for it, individual pages of a web site can fall under the filters of search engines.
"Black" optimization - promotion of a web project by officially prohibited methods.
When search engines identify these facts, various filters are applied to the resource, for example, a ban is imposed on indexing and ranking its individual pages.
The main methods of site optimization " in white»:
1. Structure and navigation.
They should be convenient and intuitive, which will help to increase the depth of page viewing and the time spent by the user on the resource.
2. Semantic core.
A set of key phrases based on the purpose of the project being created, the analysis of competitors, the future audience, and which most accurately characterizes the chosen topic.
3. Unique content.
One of the main factors of successful website promotion. Without relevant, unique and voluminous texts, it is impossible to promote the site. Search engine robots highly value resources that have a large array of high-quality thematic materials.
4. SEO parameters.
Compliance with certain rules when writing texts. The main ones are:
- frequency of using the same words (no more than 2,8%);
- academic document nausea (up to 7,5%);
- the number of stop words in the article (less than 3,6%).
5. Meta tags.
Mandatory filling in on each page of the website of the parameters hidden from the eyes of visitors, but taken into account by the search engine robots. This:
- name (title tag, no more than 50 characters);
- description (up to 155 characters);
- name of the image (alt tag, up to 70 characters, latin letters, hyphen between the words);
- title (h1 tag);
- subheadings (h2-h6 tags).
6. Image optimization.
The requirements for images/photos are the same as for text - they must be unique, as well as compressed, that is, reduced in size "by weight" (less than 100 Kb), which will ensure high loading speed of web pages.
Matching the title, description and titles to the text on the web page. Ideally, you need to achieve 95-100% relevance.
8. Internal linking.
Placement in the text on each page of links (no more than 6 pieces) to other sections of the resource.
9. External links.
Constant increase in the external link mass from the trust-themed donor sites with high traffic and a high index of SQI (site quality index).
10. Social networks.
If there are social media buttons on the website, visitors will be able to immediately (in one touch) share the information they like with their friends.
The methods of optimizing the site "in black" include:
1. Using doorways (web pages optimized for one or two high-frequency search queries in order to get them to high positions in the search results, and further redirect visitors to other leading/selling pages or even resources).
2. Cloaking (substitution of content, in order to deceive the search engine robot - it sees one text, and the visitor sees another).
3. Redirect (automatic redirection of visitors from one resource to another).
4. The presence of hidden text (the color of the letters and the background match).
5. Placement of minuscule images (the presence of very small images invisible to visitors with links attached to them).